Monday, December 22, 2014

Parque das Nações, Brazil Week 11 (Merry Christmas!)

Hey! Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone is super excited for Christmas. I really love this time of year and even though it´s super different here I am way excited. I have really loved being a missionary during this time and spreading the Gospel and telling people that "He is the Gift". We have been working super hard and have seen some awesome miracles. I remember last year I celebrated Christmas with a baptism of one of the people we were teaching. There really is no better way to celebrate Christmas on the mission than with a baptism. Yesterday one of the people we have been teaching for about a month was baptized and it was awesome! Beninha has been preparing for baptism and has really loved coming to church and learning all about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A ton of members really love her and help her feel very included in everything and she has been loving coming to church. She was baptized be our Ward Mission Leader, Marcelo, and the baptismal service was really awesome and had a lot of people. Afterwards we had cake and soda to celebrate!

This week was super busy and we had some success with finding new people to teach and helping the people we have been teaching for a while. One of the coolest parts of the week was Conferência de Natal. The entire mission got together on Thursday at the HUGE Stake Center in Fortaleza and we had our Christmas Conference. It lasted all day and it was awesome! We had a really spiritual part with President and Sister Bonini talking and an awesome choir and then we had a fun part where each zone did a skit or a musical number and then a few other things. It was so fun to see so many missionaries that I hadn´t seen in so long and to see some of my best friends that I have made. It also made me a little sad because I realized that so many of my best friends that I have made on the mission are already home and I miss them. But it was still great because I still have some awesome friends here.

My head is healing up quite nicely and I will have my stitches taken out this week. Now I am just gonna make sure that I help fix the basketball court that I destroyed. We are planning on doing a service project there to clean it up and fix it. It should be good.

Anyway, that´s about it for the week. I hope you all have a great week and a very Merry Christmas! Thank you all for all the love and support that you give to me. There is no better time to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ than right now during Christmas time. If you haven´t already, share the church´s video "He is the Gift" and invite someone to go to church with you next week. Love you guys!
Merry Christmas!!!

Love,
Elder Helvey

The Old Mission Secretaries. It was fun being back together with this group! 
Do these guys look familiar? Elder Zwick, Me, Elder Muniz, Elder Vallo, and Elder Perresutte. 
We sang the song "How Can I Be?" in the talent show on Thursday 
at the Mission Christmas Conference.

President and Sister Evans with me and my MTC companion, Elder Shelton.

Fortaleza, Brasil! Cidade- Sede da Alegria!!

Beninha was baptized on Sunday! This is me, Marcílio, Marcelo, Beninha, and Elder Moroni. 
It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment