Monday, December 8, 2014

Parque das Nações, Brazil Week 9

Bom Dia!
This week was so great!! Things are really going well with a few of the people we are visiting and I am really excited about the future in this area. The couple we have been teaching for a while (Anderson and Níazes) is really progressing well. We are trying to help them to get married and I think this week we will be able to schedule their marriage. We had a few awesome visits with them this week including one yesterday after church all about temples and temple work and showed a lot of photos of all the different temples throughout the world. It was a truly great experience and they shared a lot of their feelings with us and Anderson explained the hope that he now has and the desire to truly live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was such a great experience and our Ward Mission Leader, Marcelo, is really helping us out a ton with that couple and pretty much all of the people we are teaching. He is super awesome because he works a ton but is also doing a ton of visits with us and really teaches well.

Beninha, who we have been visiting for a while, loved church yesterday and is really excited about her baptism. The ward seemed really excited to have her there yesterday and a few people came up to me asking for her address and phone number so they can started visiting her even before baptism which is awesome.

I did a companionship exchange with one of our District Leaders, Elder Cassimiro. He is from São Paulo and we served together in the Mission Office when I first got there and he was also a District Leader in my last Zone too so we have become pretty good friends. The day was great and it was fun to be with him as we both learned from each other. We have a few other companionship exchanges planned this week so it should be fun!

Thursday morning Elder Moroni and I got up bright and early to catch a bus to Aldeota for the Mission Leadership Council. It was awesome as always! Seriously, I love those things. They always give me the energy and motivation that I need. I loved the trainings we got and something that Sister Bonini said really stuck with me as she talked about how we often need to renew our desire to serve the Lord. As we face obstacles and challenges on the mission sometimes we get discouraged and how we should "renew our desire to serve the Lord." I have experienced a little of that but it was something that I am really excited to talk about with all the missionaries in our Zone on Wednesay because it´s something that I think can really help our Zone get better. President talked about some awesome things and he again mentioned that we are here to prepare this city and these people for the Temple. He told us that the people are not yet ready and that´s why the Temple that was announced in 2009 hasn´t been built yet. But that it is our job to get them ready! It was a great training!

Anyway, it was a great week and I am excited for tonight because we planned a Zone Dinner at the Stake President´s house and we invited President and Sister Bonini so they will be there too. Should be super fun and help us work harder!

I hope you all have a great week and things continue to go well. I love this time of year and love it even more as a missionary! Thanks for everything, love you all!

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

Elder Moroni and I putting the star on top of our Christmas Tree that we put up in our room. 
We have a few other decorations including some awesome Christmas lights in our window!

Elder Moroni and I made Chocolate Chip Pancakes for dinner this week. They were sooooo good!

Me with President and Sister Bonini after the Mission Leadership Council.


Me, Elder Moroni, Marcelo, and Beninha at church yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment