Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Parque das Nações Week 4 (The week the Giants won the World Series!)

Hey!!! Dang, I don´t think you can have a better week than the week I had! I will be able to sum it up in photos.

  Elder Goff and I made spaghetti with meat sauce for our P-day lunch!

 I said goodbye to my good friend Elder Souza who I have been living with for the past month. He finished his mission and it was great to be able to live with him and become friends with him over this past month.

 Elder Goff and I walking on one of the roads in our area. It´s so beautiful here!

 Elder Goff and I gave a missionary training to one of the districts in our zone. It was great and an awesome time spent with some awesome missionaries!

 . We had another great visit with Adail and Cibelle, a father and a daughter we have been teaching for about a month. They are so great! We had one last visit with them before their baptisms that were on Sunday.

  Happy Halloween from Fortaleza, Brazil! Elder Goff and I
 carved watermelons and bought some good ol´ American candy!

 We had a great visit with Ismael, a less active member that we are visiting. We walked around his property and ate some fruit from the trees (mango in the picture) and then we sat down and read from the Book of Mormon. Towards the end his two kids came out and joined us. He is awesome and we love visiting him!

 We had a HUGE BBQ at the Bishop´s house for lunch! He and his two sons our awesome and it was great to spend time with them and learn how to do a Brazilian Barbeque.

We had a great family (mother and daughter) visit church yesterday and they loved it. This is a picture of them with our Ward Mission Leader and one of our really good friends.

 Adail and Cibelle were baptized! They are so great and it was such a special experience! 
It has been so awesome to teach them and I am so excited to see 
how the Gospel will continue to bless their lives!


 We celebrated Dad´s 50th Birthday with a Brazilian Coconut Cake! 
Happy Birthday Dad!! Love you!

Elder Goff and I went to the Center of Fortaleza this morning so he could buy some stuff for his family and friends before he leaves. It was awesome and I am definitely gonna miss this guy!

Anyway, it was a way great week and I wish I could just sit here and write about all the other things that happened and explain more about all these photos but I just don´t have enough time. But I hope all continues to go well with each one of you. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Helvey

P.S.  GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment