Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Parque das Nações, Brazil Week 7

Hey! This week was awesome. My new companion is Elder Moroni from Holladay, Utah. We had a great week with a lot of the people we are teaching and we were able to find a lot of new people, too. One thing that we did really well this week was teach with members of the church. We had a few awesome return missionaries that did some visits with us. It is so great to be able to have some great return missionaries that love teaching with us and I have really become great friends with a lot of them including our Ward Mission Leader, Marcelo, who is so awesome!

We have been teaching Anderson and Naízes, a young couple, for quite a few weeks and he finally didn´t work on Sunday so they came to church yesterday. It was awesome! Anderson is from Rio de Janeiro and Naízes is from here but was baptized in Rio about 10 years ago. She hadn´t been to church since she left Rio but we are working with them and they loved church yesterday. We are going to help them get married which means we will mark their marriage date next week and then hoepfully they will be married within a month. They are excited and so are we! They are a great couple and everyone loved having them at church yesterday.

The Stake President, Presidente Pereira, asked Elder Moroni and me to give a training to all the Ward Mission Leaders in the Stake last night. It was super cool as we read from Preach My Gospel and Moroni 6 about how we can improve missionary work here in this stake. It was great!

I am really liking Elder Moroni and we are working really well together. We are working hard to help more people come to church. Our church building is pretty far away. If they don´t have a car, the people we are teaching need to take a bus to the terminal and then another bus to the church building so that is our main difficulty for now, getting people at church.

Anyway, it was a great week and things are really going great! I hope everyone has a great week and an awesome Thanksgiving! Eat some mashed potatoes and gravy, and turkey, and pie for me because I definitely won´t be eating those things on Thursday. Just beans, rice, and chicken for me! haha. Have a great week and thank you all for the love and support!

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey
I received 2 Christmas Packages this week! Thanks guys!!! 
I have been loving eating Capn´ Crunch and Golden Grahams for breakfast! 
And I look forward to enjoying all the other things I got too. 
But don´t worry I haven´t unwrapped the present yet, I will wait for Christmas.

Anderson and Naízes at church with Elder Moroni and I yesterday!

Elder Moroni and I at the home of the Stake President yesterday for lunch.

A couple from Beira Rio (my last ward) saw me on the street this morning and they pulled over 
and we had a great time visiting and catching up. 
I love this family and he was my Ward Mission Leader there. 
They are so great and it was such a great surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment