Monday, August 4, 2014

Beira Rio, Brazil Week 10

Hey! This week was great. Monday night a few of our appointments fell through so we decided to pass by the house of Junior and Elizangela to see how they were doing. When we arrived at the door they were all reading the scriptures together as part as their Family Home Evening. We didn´t want to interrupt anything so we just walked in and sat on the ground as they finished their Family Home Evening. It was so awesome to see them learning and growing as a family in the Gospel the very next day after their baptisms. As I sat on the ground just watching them finish up their Family Home Evening I felt so happy and so thankful to the Lord that I have had the opportunity to get to know them and see the Gospel change their lives.

The rest of the week was filled with teaching appointments and we had some great experiences. Unfortunately, many of the people and families we are teaching were not able to come to church yesterday. But we have some awesome people we are teaching and I am excited and hopeful for next week.

This week I went on a companion exchange with an Elder in our Zone, Elder Leite, from São Paulo. I went and spent the day with him in his area and we had a great day. We met with one lady that shared with us an awesome experience while reading and praying about the Book of Mormon.

Elder Bini and I had a few baptismal interviews to do this week which is always a great experience. Things are continuing to go really well for us and our Zone. Thursday we will have a Zone Conference (with half the mission) with President and Sister Bonini and Friday we will have the Mission Leadership Council. So should be a great week and I am excited!

Thank you everyone that sent me and email or card/letter to wish me a happy birthday! Crazy how fast the time is flying by. Thanks for everything and I hope you all have a great week.

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

Roman noodles for lunch!

We ordered Pizza on the companion exchange I did this week. 
Always fun to eat some Pizza and just hang out at night.


Me with Junior, Elizangela, Vitor Hugo, and Ryan in their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment