Monday, August 18, 2014

Beira Rio Week 11

(Date for this entry is actually Aug. 11, 2014)

Checking in once again from Vila Velha, Fortaleza, Brazil. This week I actually spent a lot of time outside of my area because of Zone Conference and Mission Leadership Council. We had Zone Conference at the Stake Center of the Fortaleza Stake so it was fun to return to that church building and that area of the city. The Federal Police building is right down the street from the church building so I was in familiar territory. The Zone Conference was great! Elder Allen and Elder Lopes (the Assistants) gave a training on how we can develop Christ-like attributes as missionaries. It was an awesome training and they said many things that really made me think about how I need to improve to become more like my Savior, Jesus Chirst. It had been a great week trying to develop those attributes more. President Bonini gave an awesome training about things that are good, things that are better, and things that are best.

The next day, Friday we went to Aldeota and had the Mission Leadership Council which was awesome! It was great to get another training from President Bonini, this time on how we can be leaders like the Savior. It was great!

As for the people and families we are teaching here things continue to go well but yesterday a lot of them were not able to come to church again. A recent convert introduced us to her friend and we taught him once and he came to church yesterday. His name is Marcelo and really liked church so we are excited to return and continue teaching him. We have been doing a lot of contacts, try to talk to everyone we pass on the street. It has been good and we have started teaching some great new investigators.

My birthday on Wednesday was fun and everyone sang happy birthday to me at the ward activity. I spent the day doing a companion exchange with Elder Goff so it was fun!

Anyway, it was a great week!  Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

Ward Activity Wednesday Night!

We had a birthday party in our apartment!

I waited to open my presents I got from everyone until my actual birthday! 
Thanks to everyone that sent me things. I loved everything!

American Pancake Buffet in our apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment