Monday, July 28, 2014

Beiro Rio, Brazil Week 9

Wow, what an amazing week! This week was full of awesome moments including the one I just had seeing the pictures of my beautiful baby niece for the first time!! She is so cute! Congratulations to Michael and Annie. Gwen is lucky to have you both as parents! I can´t wait to meet her when I come home next year. But until then, I´ll keep up the good work here!

Elder Bini and I had a great week. We continued visiting many of our investigators that are progressing very well. This week our focus was especially on Elizangela, Vitor Hugo, and Ryan, to prepare them for their baptisms, yesterday. Yesterday was a very, very, special day and one of the best of my mission. The family that I have come to know and love these past 2 months was completed and now are all baptized. It was a great day! One night this week when we were visiting them, Elizangela told us that they were all planning, in one year,  to go to the Temple in Recife to be sealed as an eternal family! That is part of our purpose as missionaries, to help families go to the temple. I had an interview with Presidente Bonini this week and that´s something we talked a lot about. He is awesome and truly inspired. We need to work to prepare Fortaleza for the Temple that is being built here. Everything we do should be with that end in mind: preparing people for the Temple. I am excited to continue to visit and work with this amazing family as they now work on this next goal in their lives. It´s weeks like these that make all the hard times on the mission WAY worth it.

We continued to visit and teach many others as we are trying to help all to come unto Christ. I love the work that I have been called to do. It truly is the work of our Heavenly Father and His son, our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Thank you for all the love and support! Continue to write because I love to hear from everyone and how everything is going with each one of you. I hope everyone has a great week.
Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

Inline image 3
Family Home Evening!
Inline image 4
Elder Bini and I with Junior, Elizangela, Vitor Hugo, and Ryan just before the baptism.
Inline image 2

Picture of me when I first saw the pictures of my beautiful little niece, Gwen.

No comments:

Post a Comment