Monday, May 4, 2015

Caucaia Week 12

Hey everyone! What a great week it was here. I am seriously LOVING this area. It was funny because yesterday at church I was looking around the room at all the members and I feel at home here. They feel like my family and we are all working together to help others be a part of the eternal family of our Heavenly Father. Yesterday at church was Fast and Testimony Meeting which was a very special experience because Elder Evans and I both bore our testimonies along with our ward Mission Leader, a member that always helps us, Matheus, and our recent convert, Aurilene, who was baptized a few weeks ago. It was an awesome Sunday and we had lunch at a member house that really love us and we love them. They are like our best friends in the ward.

Anyway, the week was super great because on Tuesday we got up at 3:30 AM to head to Fortaleza for our meeting with Elder Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Each one of us were able to meet him and shake his hand along with Elder Costa. They were both there with their wives. First Elder Costa´s wife spoke and then Elder Costa spoke. And then Elder Chritsofferson´s wife spoke and then Elder Christofferson talked with us for about an hour. He said so many awesome things and then opened it up for questions. It was so good and the Spirit was so strong and you could feel the love that he has for each one of us and more importantly the love that the Savior has for each one of us. It was truly a remarkable experience!

The rest of the week I tried so hard to apply the things I learned and to truly love each and every child of God that I talk to on the street or in their homes and to truly spread the love of the Savior more. It made a big difference during the week and we had some awesome experiences. Thursday we returned to Fortaleza to have interviews with President Bonini. It was great! President and I were able to talk about each missionary in my zone and talked about what needs to be done so they we can improve as a zone. We spent about an hour together deliberating and talking about the missionaries in my zone and he really made me remember the importance of "the one". I received news today that I will receive a new companion tomorrow. His name is Elder Castillo and he is from Argentina. I will be training him as a new Zone Leader so I am excited about that and President also moved A TON of things around in my zone so I now have a lot more Elders and switched somethings around with the leadership of the zone too. It should be a great 5 weeks as we all work together to move the work of the Lord forward.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I feel so blessed to be here serving the Lord in the Brazil Fortaleza Mission.

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

Special Mission Conference with Elder D. Todd Christofferson
(I'm in the back row, 5th from the right)

I saw Elder Marcum on Tuesday when both the missions got together!
It was so great to see him and see how he is doing.

We had lunch at a ranch of a member this week and he has a few horses.
It was great and we had a fun time!


On the drive from his ranch to our investigators house.
It was nice to ride in the car as that barely ever happens here.

No comments:

Post a Comment