Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Caucaia Week 13

This week was great! My new companion, Elder Castillo, and I are working hard and we had some awesome experiences this week. We are really excited about the transfer and it has been fun helping all the new missionaries that arrived in our zone this week. We have some brand new missionaries that arrived from the MTC so that is always fun. I remember those days very well and it doesn´t seem like that long ago to me.

Luan, my recent convert from Aldeota, dropped one of the missionaries off here in our zone so it was fun to see him again and spend some time with him. He is getting ready for his mission and is very excited. The week was fairly normal as Elder Castillo and I worked hard in our area to find more people to teach and we had some great experiences with some the people we have been teaching.
We had some great visits with Robson, (Tia´s nephew), and we are working hard with him to prepare for baptism, although there are still many things he needs to change. We did a special fast with him and his Aunt (Tia) on Saturday and we now have a baptismal goal with him. It was a very special visit yesterday night as he ended it with a very heartfelt prayer. Powerful experience!

On Saturday, Elder Lessa and I traveled to Itapipoca to do a baptismal interview. We arrived in Fortaleza early Saturday morning to but bus tickets but since it was Mother´s Day weekend it was absolutely packed and they didn´t have anything until the afternoon. So we left Fortaleza around 12:45PM and arrived in Itapipoca at 3:30PM because the bus broke down 3 times on the way. Did the interview and did a few contacts to help the Sisters have more people to teach and then got back on the bus to Fortaleza and then got back to our apartment in Caucaia about 9:15PM. Very long day of waiting and traveling but it was fun and we were able to accomplish what was needed.

Anyway, it was a great week and of course was made even better when I was able to talk with my family on Skpye. Happy Mother´s Day to all. I love a quote that I heard at church yesterday. It says, "Motherhood lies at the foundation of happiness in the home, and of prosperity in the nation". I am very grateful for my mother and the example she has been to me throughout my life. Thanks for everything, Mom!

Thank you all for the support and love. Have a great week!

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

 Luan is doing great and it was so good to see him and catch up!

District Meeting on Wednesday!

My companion, Elder Castillo from Salta, Argentina.

Preaching the Gospel in Caucaia, Ceará! This is behind the house of 
one of the families we are teaching.

On the road heading to Itapipoca.

The Church in Itapipoca!


Skype with my Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment