Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Parque das Nações Week 14

Hey!

It was such a great week!! Well actually I was pretty sick this week and it was pretty rough for a few days because a lot of the appointments we had with people fell through. But we ended up being able to find some great new people to teach and ended up teaching even more lessons than we usually do in the week. And even though the week was hard it was all worth it yesterday at church.

Elder Moroni and I left our apartment early in the morning to pass by 3 houses to help them all come to church. After a ton of walking and getting wet in the rain people from each of the 3 houses came to church and when we got to church we were even happier to see some the other people we are teaching there along with recent converts and less actives who had not only come to church but had also brought friends and family. This is the third week in a row of Beninha bringing a friend or family member with her to church. So yesterday at church was AWESOME! The Stake President spoke and the Spirit was strong in Sacrament Meeting and then we had a great lesson in Sunday School, Gospel Principles. Everyone who came really loved it and wants to come back. Also, Adail, the man that Elder Goff and I baptized a few months ago, was called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Elders Quorum which was awesome, too!

We are super excited for this next week and to see all of the people we are teaching progress even more and get even more people to come to church next week! We have a big Family Home Evening planned for tonight which will be super fun!!

Anyway, it was a great week and while I was sitting there singing the opening hymn in Sacrament Meeting with a ton of people that I had been visiting that week, a deep feeling of gratitude came over me and I feel so grateful to be here serving and helping these wonderful people. Definitely one of the best Sundays of my mission! We now have 11 people with a baptismal date for the next coming weeks so I am excited and feeling the hand of the Lord in my work as a missionary.

I hope all continues to go well for each one of you. Have a great week!
Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

Yesterday at church! Elder Moroni and I with a lot of our investigators, recent converts, and less actives. Dang, it was so great to see so many of the people we are visiting come to church. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Lunch with some members in our ward!

Marcelo left with us for the day to do visits and we decided to pass by the Super Market 
and say hello to Beninha. This is where we first contacted Beninha!

I did a companion exchange with Elder McDaniel from Texas. This is the second time I have spent the day with him and we had a great day and a lot of success. He´s a good guy and a great missionary. I always love doing companion exchanges!

No comments:

Post a Comment