Monday, March 23, 2015

Caucaia Week 6

Bom Dia!

Well I have completed my first transfer here in Caucaia and we received word today that Elder Evans and I will be staying together. I am excited and should be good. This week was really good.

We stayed in a trio this week because Elder Toffoletto left. It was good and we found some new really awesome people to teach and had some great people come to church. We are preparing for Ward Conference next week and then General Conference the next week. Should be great!

We traveled to Paracuru on Wednesday and I gave a training to the Sisters there. It was good and is always fun to travel a little bit and get to know Ceará and the missionaries in my zone better.

We are excited about these next 6 weeks for sure. I am really liking it and really love a ton of the members in our ward. They help us out a ton!!

Anyway, this week’s email is short but know that I am doing good and having fun while preaching the Gospel here in Ceará, Brazil!

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

Me in front of a big river that passes through our area.

My good friend, Elder Toffoletto, left on Wednesday morning to go serve 
as a Zone Leader in Bom Jardim, Fortaleza.

At the Bus Terminal in Paracuru, I met a man named Greg that was born in Cupertino, California 
and attended De Anza College. He now lives here in Ceará. Small world. 
He was quite shocked when I told him I was born in Mountain View, California. 
He has been receiving the missionaries in his house.

Us in Paracuru with the Sisters after the training.

Me in front of the house where the Paracuru Branch meets.

It poured yesterday and Saturday so we got soaked but here is a picture of me in the rain. 
It´s actually kinda nice to get a break from the sun and heat for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment