Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Caucaia Week 5

Hey! This week went really well for us here in Caucaia. I spent Tuesday with Elder Toffoletto in his area, which was super fun, and we had a ton of success. He is a very, very good missionary and it is great to be able to spend time with him and learn new things with him.

This week we traveled to a distant city in our zone called Pecém. We had a training meeting with the 4 Sisters that are serving there and it went really well. We did a baptismal interview there too and it is really great to see the church growing in Pecém. We had lunch there and got to see part of the city. It is a very beautiful city right on the beach and it was fun to see some views of the beach and feel the feeling that you are in a beach town. I would call it the Santa Cruz of Ceará. It´s just missing the Boardwalk, haha. But it was fun and we talked to a few people and invited them to church, too.

I also received a phone call from Elder Muniz from the Mission Office. My good friend who served with me in the office completed his mission and is now home in São Paulo. Which is super weird for me but it was good to say one last goodbye to him. It is super weird when pretty much all my friends who I served with are going home, but it´s good, and makes me appreciate the experiences I had with each one of them.

On Thursday, Elder Evans and I went to a part of our area called Tabapuá. We have been working a little bit there but had not had much success at all because it is pretty far away from the church. But on Thursday we had big time success there and we had a family visit the church from there on Sunday. So that was exciting. We found some other great people there too and I am excited to visit them again this week.

Friday I spent the day in my area with Elder Riberio from São Paulo. He is serving in Icaraí and has 3 months on the mission. He is a great missionary and we had a ton of success and some really cool experiences. We taught a lady named Arilane. She is super awesome and seemed to really enjoy our visit. She came to church too and really loved it. We had a great visit with her yesterday with a recent convert and it was a very special experience for the 4 of us. I will definitely never forget that visit.
Sunday morning we woke up to clear skies and hot sun which was the first time in 3 weeks. We had some great people come to church which is always the best. Marcio came to church again. He has been coming to church for a while now and has a baptismal date for this Saturday so we are excited for that. Overall, things are going well here and I am excited for the next few weeks because we have found some really great people and we should have a few baptisms coming up. The mission is awesome!

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Helvey


Elder Toffoletto and I with our Angel Moroni shirts on P-day!

We went to Pecém this week. This the pool at the house 
where we have church meetings and where they have baptisms.

Elder Evans and I chilling on the curb outside the house in Pecém.

The Atlantic Ocean in Pecém, Ceará!

Elder Ribeiro and me.

It was just me and 3 Paulistas (people from São Paulo) on Saturday.

Me in front of our house. I think you can be sure that I am not in Fortaleza anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment