Monday, February 16, 2015

Caucaia Week 1

Bom dia! Here I am in Caucaia and I am absolutely loving it! On Tuesday morning, Luan picked me up from my apartment in my last area and we drove to Caucaia. It was good to spend time with him and it was a fun drive out here to Caucaia. And now for the first time, I am not in the city of Fortaleza. It was weird to leave because I have spent my entire mission within the city of Fortaleza.The beginning of the week was a little hard adjusting to a new area and everything but by Thursday I was already loving it! My companion is Elder Evans from Salt Lake City and he is a really good missionary and we get along well. We are working super hard and found some awesome new people this week. Our area is HUGE! Two or three days a week we have to take a bus to get to some parts of our area. Very different from Fortaleza. But it´s good and even with "Carnival" being this week we had a very successful week and had two couples that we are teaching come to church yesterday!

Thursday morning we went to Fortaleza for the Mission Leadership Council which was really good as always. It is so fun to see so many of my friends on the mission and to receive training. The rest of the week was just hard, hard work, in the hot, hot sun! It´s so great to come home at the end of the day exhausted. Our house is super awesome here! Super big! The biggest house I have ever seen in the mission. I usually come home at the end of the day and after we plan for the next day I take a shower and chill in my "rede" (hammock). I really like the missionaries I live with so that has been fun. One of them is my good friend, Elder Toffoletto, who Elder Allen trained in Canindé so that has been fun to catch up with him.

Anyway, it was a great week and I am excited to serve here in Caucaia. Our zone is huge (distance) and next week I will be traveling all over. On Tuesday we will do a training for the missionaries in Paracuru, Ceará, Wednesay here in Caucaia, Ceará, Friday in Pecém, Ceará, and Saturday in Itapipoca, Ceará. It will be a long week of traveling and trainings but it will be good and I am excited!

I hope you all had a great week and things continue to go well for each one of you.

Until next week!

Love,
Elder Helvey

Luan picked me up on Tuesday morning and drove me out here to Caucaia. It was super nice of him and it was good to spend some time with him. He is super excited to go on his mission!

The view during the drive from Fortaleza to Caucaia. A little different views then the road trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles that I am used to. haha

Bem-Vindo A Caucaia!

This is a photo of me with 6 of the companions that I have had on the mission that were all at the Mission Leadership Council. Some of them will be going home this transfer so it was the last time that I would be together with so many of them all at the same time. It was fun and I have been VERY blessed to have such great companions.


Elder Toffoletto and I

Carlos, Juliana, and Julia. Carlos and Juliana are an awesome couple that we found this week and started teaching them. They came to church yesterday and loved it and have baptismal dates. We drank coconut water at their house last night!


No comments:

Post a Comment