Monday, October 6, 2014

Beira Rio, Brazil Week 19

Hey! This week was SO awesome, and General Conference was AMAZING!! Elder Bini and I had a great week as we visited a lot of less active members. Tiago, our good friend, and Ward Secretary gave us a list of a lot of them. We had some really great visits with a lot of them and found 2 young men that were baptized a few years ago but stopped coming to church. They came to General Conference and are excited to return to church! While we were working with our list of less active members we found a family (parents and 3 kids) that had just moved into their new house the day before and we have started teaching them. It was awesome!

We had a great visit with Junior and Elizangela this week as we all read a chapter of the Book of Mormon together. It was great and I love that family so much!

Because this week we have transfers Orlando and Fátima, a recent convert family, invited us over to eat dinner and have a Family Home Evening. It was awesome and they are another family I love hear in this ward!

By far the best part of the week of course was General Conference. It was sooo good! We were able to watch all the sessions in the Stake Center here. Most all of it in English too which was great, but we watched a little in Portuguese too which is always good, especially when Elder Godoy from Brazil spoke in the Conference Center in his native tongue of Portuguese! That was sure exciting here!!

I really liked all the talks but some of the best for me were Sister Cheryl A. Esplin about the power the Sacrament can have in our lives each week, Elder Holland about helping those in need, Elder Uchtdorf in the Priesthood Session about asking ourselves "Lord, is it I?", and President Monson about walking the path of our Savior in our lives. And my two favorite talks were Richard G. Scott´s about the 4 tools we have in our lives, prayer, scripture study, family home evening, and temple work, and of course Elder David A. Bednar when he spoke to all non-members of the church about why we as members are so anxious and excited to share the Gospel. The story of his two sons was sooo awesome!

Anyway, as I said previously that this week is transfer week. I found out this morning that I have been transferred! Tomorrow bright and early in the morning I will go to my new area which is called Parque das Nações in Zona Montese. I am suuuper excited because I will be companions with Elder Goff!! He is my super good friend that lived with me for 3 months here in Beira Rio. It will be his last transfer on the mission. He is so awesome and I am excited to get to know the Zone there. I am a little sad to leave Zona Litoral because I love this zone and the missionaries here but I feel super good about leaving and feel like we have done a lot of good stuff here in this stake! I am excited and ready for a new area and zone but I will dearly miss the people I have come to love here in this ward. I have some great friends here that I will always remember!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week! I know I will!!

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

(no pictures this week - technical difficulties)

No comments:

Post a Comment