Monday, June 9, 2014

Beira Rio, Brazil Week 2

Checking in from Vila Velha, Fortaleza! This week was great. I have really loved being able to spend so much time finding people to teach and visiting people. Our area is pretty cool but it´s WAY different then Aldeota. It´s more like my first area of my mission. But Elder Pedrosa and I have been working hard and we were able to start teaching two families. One we contacted on the street when he was watering down the dirt in front of his house. We walked up and started talking with him and after awhile of talking and asking him questions about his life and him asking us questions, he invited us into his house. His wife was super nice to us and gave us some sandwiches and soda to drink. We invited everyone in the house to join us. He and his wife have two kids, a boy, age 13, and a little girl, around 5 or 6. We talked with them a lot about what we do as missionaries and then taught the message of the Restoration of the gospel. They seemed to really enjoy it and it was a great experience. They invited us back this week because they were super busy the rest of the week so I am excited to visit them again. Their names are Euberio and Maria.

We also started teaching a couple who has a little girl, who was a referral from a recent convert. They told us they had been to other churches before but never seemed very good about any of them. They are very excited to learn more and visit the church. We visited with them two times this week, both times with a member. They weren´t able to come to church this week because they were traveling but we are visiting them tonight so it should be good. We were able to visit and teach a lot of different people and I have loved being able to do normal missionary work throughout the entire day.

Elder Pedrosa is super awesome and we are getting along really well. I have already learned a lot from him and excited to continue to learn more. Our Zone has five District Leaders which means we have five companionships where we have to interview their investigators for baptism. This week we had five interviews to do all over our Stake so it was quite busy and hectic especially towards the end of the week but it was great!

This week we also had the Mission Leadership Council in Aldeota. It was a meeting with President and Sister Souza, the Assistants, all Zone Leaders, and Sister Training Leaders. It was awesome!! We received training on how we can use the scriptures more in our teaching and how we can teach more simply so people understand better. I also gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting yesterday which was fun. I really love this ward already and am excited to work with them to share the gospel with their families and friends.
Anyway, that was my week, I hope all is going well with each of you! Keep on working hard and doing your best at whatever you are doing.

Love you all so much and thank you for all the support.
Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey


Brazil Fortaleza Mission Leadership Council

The Sisters in our Zone that we share a church building with had a baptism yesterday. 
I interviewed her for baptism and she asked me to baptize her. 
It was a great experience and I am excited for her and her little son to be part of the church.

My new room! My bed and my things are the ones on the left. 
The house is super sweet and I really like it.

Elder Pedrosa and I. He is an awesome companion and a GREAT missionary.


Elder Pedrosa and I with the two other elders we live with, Elder Goff, from Utah, 
and his new companion, Elder Cachay from Peru. 
Elder Cachay just got here from the CTM in São Paulo 
so he is brand new which is fun and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment