Monday, April 28, 2014

Aldeota, Brazil Week 24

Hello!! I am super excited to write this week because there are some awesome goings on here and so much to be excited about. This week was good. Elder Vallo and I started teaching a man named Antonio. We visited him with a member in our ward, Irmão Ismael. We visited him in his very humble circumstances and had a great lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it can help him and his family, he has 3 sons (ages 2 months to 5 years). We learned a lot about his beliefs and taught him about how anyone can change and become a better person as we learn of Jesus Christ and strive to follow him. He expressed a desire to come to church but unfortunately when Irmão Ismael passed by his house to walk with him to church he couldn´t come. Irmão Ismael is a powerful teacher and his love for Antonio is easy to see when he teaches with us.

This week was the last week of the transfer so I had a lot of work to do in the Mission Office getting everything ready for next transfer. We also had a little farewell party at Irmão Ismael and Irmã Jane´s house for Elder Muniz since he got transferred today.

Anyways, today has been the most eventful day. Today we had transfer meetings so my day started with getting up at 4AM and taking Elder Armoa, from Paraguay, to the airport. At 9AM we had transfer meeting which is always awesome! It´s always so fun to be together with so many missionaries and see so many of my friends that I haven't  seen in awhile. One cool thing that happened today was for the first time all of the Elders that were in my MTC district that are assigned to Fortaleza were all together. All 6 of us were together for the first time since the MTC, which was way awesome! This transfer meeting was also awesome because President Souza announced some awesome news to all of us. He announced today that Elder Neil A. Andersen will be visiting Fortaleza in May and will have a meeting with all the missionaries. That means both missions in Fortaleza will all meet together and will be having a meeting with him! We are all super excited. It will be the morning of May 19th. How awesome!!

Also, some other very exciting news is that I have started training the next Executive Secretary of the Mission. My new companion is Elder Zwick from Alpine, Utah and he will replace me as the next Mission Secretary. I am excited to train him and it also means that I will be leaving Aldeota in 5 weeks. I am super excited for this next transfer and sad that I will be leaving the great ward here and the people I have come to know and grown so close to, but I am also excited for the future! I am super excited to continue to work a lot with the members here and continue to find people to teach and help. I also dropped Elder Young and Elder Bonds off at the airport after the transfer meeting. Elder Zwick has only been here for 6 weeks which is how many weeks I had when I was called to the office. He already speaks really well and I am excited to be his companion for the next 5 weeks!

Anyways, things continue to go well and I am excited for this transfer. I hope all is going well with all of you. I think about you all and pray for you daily. Thank you for the continued love and support. I am so blessed to have so many great friends and family members.

Until next week!

Love,

Elder Helvey

Elder Muniz, President and Sister Souza, and me at district meeting on Wednesday.

Oh I forgot to say that I visited the hospital this week. 
I have had a terrible pain in my left ear for awhile and on Thursday I couldn´t sleep because of the pain 
so I visited the hospital. They helped with the pain and I visited a doctor the next day 
and now am on meds and am getting better. 
But anyways, this is a photo of me and the friend I made at the hospital.

Goodbye party for Elder Muniz with Ismael, Jane, Jorgy, and Vinícius (who took the photo).

Elder Young and me  on his last night in the mission.

Elder Allen, Elder Zwick and me... the lineage of executive secretaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment