Monday, February 3, 2014

Aldeota, Brazil Week 12

Boa tarde!

Well it has been a very busy week here in Aldeota! Today was transfers which is always a busy time in the Mission Office. But before I get to that, Elder Muniz and I were able to have some great experiences with visiting people. We had Family Home Evening in the house of a part member family with one of our investigators, Michele, and her 10 year-old daughter. She is doing well and comes to church almost every week. We had a great time with them as we talk about how we have opportunities to both teach and learn at church and why the church is set up that way. It was a great discussion and we had some sandwiches and cake afterwards.

We also were to attend a birthday party for Angelica. She invited us and a few members to have dinner with her family for her birthday. It was a lot of fun to be there and to get to know her family more. We have been trying to meet with them for awhile and we hope we can start visiting them soon. Bruno was there too so it was great to be with both Angelica, who was baptized on Christmas, and Bruno who was baptized December 1st. They are both doing great and are going to start going to Institute classes that starts in 2 weeks.

We also visited a contact that lives on the edge of our area. She was very friendly and invited us in and we shared a message with her and her friends. She is an English teacher and her friends (2 guys from São Paulo) were very nice and enjoyed our message. They all thanked us for visiting them but said they already belong to a church but were very nice and respectful. They thanked us for the great work we do as missionaries and we prayed with them before they left. Even though they are not now interested to learn more it was a great visit. It was a good week visiting and teaching people!

Today was transfer meeting. I got up this morning at 3:45AM because I needed to take an Elder to the airport who finished his mission this week. It was actually Elder Soares (who I lived with my first 6 weeks here and was my first Zone Leader). I really like him and it was great to be able to take him to the airport (even if it was SUPER early). After, we went to the transfer meeting and that was great as always! It´s great to see so many missionaries and feel the great spirit of missionary work when we are all together. After transfer meeting we call lots of taxis and get all the missionaries in taxis and send them to their new areas. It´s pretty hectic and a lot of work with all the baggage and everything, especially in the hot sun but it´s really fun too. After that Elder Muniz and I took an American Elder that finished his mission this transfer to the airport. We shared lunch together at the airport and he got on his flight to São Paulo. Now we are back in the Mission Office and have lots of things to finish up to get ready for the 17 new missionaries tomorrow. Elder Muniz and I will go with President and Sister Souz and the two Assistants to pick them up at the airport. And then have lunch at the mission home and each do our training like normal. I love this time in the Mission Office and it will be a very long but great day tomorrow! I´m especially excited to see my companion from the MTC, Elder Shelton, who will get here tomorrow!

Also, some exciting news in Aldeota! We received 4 Sister missionaries to serve in the ward too and one more Elder who will be here in the Mission Office with us, so in total we are going to have 9 MISSIONARIES in the ward! We are way excited and so are the members. And because of this we now have a ALDEOTA ZONE!! It´s sweet! We are excited! I am very excited to have another transfer with Elder Muniz as my companion. It will be another GREAT transfer!

I hope all is going well for everyone back home. I love you all. Thank you for the continued support and prayers.

Until next week.

Love,
Elder Helvey

This is me riding the bus here in Fortaleza! We use the bus to pretty much go anywhere.

This is a picture of my zone (ZONA FORTALEZA) with President and Sister Souza. 
We all got shirts for the last week of the transfer. They are sweet!

We had the dedication of the new chapel in Fortaleza (the biggest in Fortaleza). It will be our new stake center and we will have zone meeting there every week. It is so big and beautiful!

Dropping Elder Soares (my first Zone Leader) off at the airport! 
He gave me the tie I am wearing in the picture. He is great and I will definately miss him.

Elder Muniz and I enjoyed Domino´s Pizza at the airport today! It was VERY good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment